Southern Laos In Style Itinerary
Arrive Pakse & Don Daeng Island
Excursion to Si Phan Don (4000 Islands)
Champasak & Wat Phou Temple
Head to the charming town of Champasak today to visit the ancient ruins of Wat Phou. Explore these intriguing Khmer ruins, which are perched at the base of Mount Phu Kao. Wat Phou is one of the Lao World Heritage sites recognized by UNESCO in 2001, this wonderful archaeological site of Khmer civilization dates back to the 5th century, predating the famous Angkor Wat in Cambodia. After exploring the site, stroll through the narrow streets of Champassak where, with the many colonial-era houses (often left in ruins), there is still a very nostalgic “Indochina” atmosphere. Return to Sone Deang Island in time for sunset.
Accommodation: Done Khong Island – La Folie Lodge
Tour guide: English-speaking guide
Transfer distance: 30 km (18.5 mi.)
Transfer to Pakse for Departure
Tour RATES & details
A rough idea of the price and what is included in this tour program. The exact price depends on season, accommodation and activities, it will be provided on your personalised quote.
|2 persons||Contact us|
|3 – 6 persons||Contact us|
|7 – 10 persons||Contact us|
- Rates are quoted in USD per person based on double-sharing occupancy.
- Rates are subject to change with or without prior notice. Amasia Travel reserve the right to change the quoted prices.
- Rates do not apply over Christmas and New Year.
- Three nights of hotel accommodation
- Transportation and transfers in an air-conditioned vehicle
- All sightseeing as specified, including entrance fees
- Local English-speaking guide as indicated in the itinerary
- Breakfast daily
- Government tax and service charges
- International and domestic flights and airport taxes
- Lao visa
- Meals not included in the itinerary
- Travel insurance
- Tips and gratuities for guides and drivers
- Personal expenses such as laundry, telephone, drinks
- Any other services not specified in the itinerary
- To avoid the rain and heat, November through March is the best time to visit southern Laos. In the mountains of the north, temperatures are still comfortable from May through July.
- This itinerary should be organized for small or independent travel groups only (Max of the group is about 6 persons) because of the capacity of transportation and accommodation in the region.