Arrive Luang Prabang
Highlights of Luang Prabang
Mekong River Cruise to Pak Ou Caves & Visit Kuang Si Waterfalls
Fly to Vientiane
Explore Vientiane Landmarks
Embark on a guided sightseeing tour of Vientiane. Explore the National Museum to learn about Laos’s long history. Visit Wat Sisaket, the oldest temple with thousands of miniature Buddha statues and Wat Prakeo which previously housed the famous Emerald Buddha Image. After visiting Laos’ national symbol, the sacred Pha That Luang, have lunch at Makphet restaurant, a vocational project for Laos’s disadvantaged children.
Following lunch, head to Xieng Khuan, known as Buddha Park, 27 km outside of Vientiane. Built in 1958, along the banks of the Mekong River, this is the site of a large collection of Buddhist and Hindu sculptures. On the way back, visit the Laos Textile Museum to learn more about Laos handicraft textiles.
Fly to Hanoi
Halong Bay Cruise
Halong Bay Cruise, Rerurn to Hanoi & Overnight Train to Sapa
Trekking to Y Linh Ho, Lao Chai and Ta Van Villages
Trekking to Ta Phin Village & Overnight Train to Hanoi
Begin your trek along local paths through gardens and lush pine forests to Suoi Ho village, home of some Black H’mong families. From here you can enjoy the views over endless rice terraces and gorgeous mountains. Continue to Ma Tra village where you will have the opportunity to explore the village. You will come across the impressive ruins of a church dating back to the French occupation in the early 1900s. Take a minute to explore this intriguing sight and take some photos. Head to the village of Ta Phin where the Black Hmong and Red Dao live together harmoniously while preserving their individual customs and traditions. Walk around the village and talk with locals to understand their life and custom. When your trekking ends, transfer to Lao Cai train station to catch the overnight train to Hanoi.
Please note: If it is Tuesday, Thursday, Sat or Sunday, we will recommend visiting some of the most beautiful markets in Northwest of Vietnam.
Accommodation: Overnight on the train
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch
Trekking: Distance – Approx. 15 km; Grade – Moderate
Hanoi & Fly to Ho Chi Minh City
Ho Chi Minh City Sightseeing
Mekong Delta Discovery & Can Tho
Cai Rang Floating Market & Road Travel to Ho Chi Minh City
Cu Chi Tunnels Excursion
Depart Ho Chi Minh City
Tour RATES & details
A rough idea of the price and what is included in this tour program. The exact price depends on season, accommodation and activities, it will be provided on your personalised quote.
- Thirteen nights of hotel accommodation
- One night of cruise accommodation (non-private boat)
- Round trip ticket on high-quality sleeper train Hanoi to Lao Cai (sharing a 4-berth cabin)
- Domestic & regional flights as specified
- Transportation and transfers in an air-conditioned vehicle
- All sightseeing as specified, including entrance fees
- Local English-speaking guide
- Breakfast daily, four lunches and three dinners
- Government tax and service charges
- International flights and airport taxes
- Laos and Vietnam visas
- Meals if not specified in the itinerary
- Compulsory dinner at hotel and peak season surcharges
- Travel insurance
- Tips and gratuities for guides and drivers
- Personal expenses such as laundry, telephone, drink etc.
- All other services which are not specified in the itinerary