Cycling Bat Trang Ceramic Village
You are picked up at the hotel by the local guide with a short walk, or transfer by taxi, to the bicycle warehouse. The cycling day begins with a ride on the Historic Hanoi bridge, Long Bien, the first steel bridge spanning the Red River in Hanoi, built by the French (1899-1902) and named Doumer Bridge (Paul Doumer was the Governor-General of French Indochina at the time)
After crossing the bridge, you will arrive at the other side of the Red River. From here, you will cycle along the dyke and soon get off the main roads. It is a bit over an hour and half cycling along the Red River on a small path, through local villages and farms to reach the Bat Trang traditional ceramic village. This ride allows you an opportunity to see the beautiful landscapes of the Red River and its delta bordered by vegetable farms, corn fields and orchards.
Set on the dykes of the Red River, Bat Trang is an ancient ceramic and pottery village. You will ride along the narrow alleys and lanes of the village, stop and visit a couple of workshops where you have a chance to learn some about the traditional way of making ceramics. Traditional craftsmanship dates back 700 years.
After exploring the village, you will continue your ride to the quaint village of Xuan Quan. Here, cycling along the charming village roads offers a great opportunity to experience the smiling faces of the locals in their rural environment.
You will enjoy lunch at a local café before cycling along the village road through lush orchards and vegetable plantations back towards the Hanoi city centre. Again, we cross the charming Long Bien bridge and cycle to the bike shop where you started before returning to the hotel.
Please note: For those who are not familiar with cycling in a city where the traffic is busy, we recommend starting the tour on the other side of the Long Bien Bridge. A small taxi fee will be added for the additional transport.
Tour RATES & details
A rough idea of the price and what is included in this tour program. The exact price depends on season, accommodation and activities, it will be provided on your personalised quote.
|3 – 6 persons||75|
|7 – 10 persons||56|
- Rates are quoted in USD per person.
- Rates are subject to change with or without prior notice. Amasia Travel reserve the right to change the quoted prices.
- Rates do not apply over Christmas and New Year.
- An English-speaking biking guide, first-aid qualified
- A quality Trek/Giant mountain bike with a helmet
- Vietnamese lunch or picnic lunch box
- Bottled water and refreshing towels for the whole day of cycling
- All sightseeing as specified, including entrance fees
- Government tax and service charges
- Travel insurance
- Gratuities for guides and drivers
- Personal expenses such as laundry, telephone, drink etc.
- All other services which are not specified in the itinerary
- Pickup/Drop Off: Hotel
- Language: English
- Start/End: 07:30/16:30
- Level of Difficulty: Easy/Moderate
- Cycling Distance: 40 – 55 km
- Travel Experience: Adventure, History, Nature, Local culture
- The cycling distance is flexible. Please advise us of your (guests) cycling ability upon each request so that we can find the best route for you (your guests).
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability.
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required. Solo travellers, please contact Amasia for more information.
- Passport name, number, expiry and country are required at the time of booking for all participants.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travellers.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 48 hours before the tour’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 48 hours before the tour’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 48 hours before the tour’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the tour’s local time.