At 1650m above sea level, Sapa, the former hill station of French colonialists is the ideal place to see some of the country’s most spectacular scenery and colorful hill tribes. Vietnam is home to 54 ethnic groups and a visit to this region allows you to explore the local traditions and cultures which have remained largely unchanged for centuries (though, interestingly, you can sense that the region is stepping into modern times).
day by day
ROAD TRAVEL TO SAPA & VILLAGE | LUNCH
Embark on a 6-hour drive through the exotic landscapes of North Vietnam to Sapa. On arrival, settle into your room with lunch and some time to rest. Go on a guided trekking adventure and wind your way downhill past terraced fields to reach Cat Cat, home to Black H’mong people. Trek further down to the valley bottom and the waterfall where the French built a Power Station. Your trek ends at the edge of the Cat Cat village where you are met by your driver and transferred back to Sapa.
Overnight in Sapa.
TRANSFER TO SAPA & TREKKING TO LOCAL VILLAGES (FRIDAY) | BREAKFAST ; LUNCH
On arrival in Lao Cai, you will be met and transferred to the Victoria Sapa Resort and Spa for breakfast and a chance to freshen up.
Start your day¬ with a short walk through Sapa and continue down a trail with a view of the expansive valley and terraced hillsides. Walk through traditional Black H’mong ethnic minority villages, learn how indigo is used to dye clothes, and enjoy watching children play in a local school. This mountain hike will take you on charming trails winding among the rice terraces. Pass the villages of Lao Chai and Ta Van, where you will be picked up by your car to return to Sapa.
Overnight in Victoria Sapa Resort & Spa.
SAPA FREE & EASY DAY (SATURDAY) | BREAKFAST
Discover Sapa at your own pace. An interesting place to visit is the Sapa market where Red Dao, Black H’mong and other ethnic minority people converge from the surrounding countryside to sell their traditional embroidery, silverware and handicrafts.
Ovenight in Victoria Sapa Resort & Spa.
OVERLAND TRAVEL TO BAC HA & RETURN TO LAO CAI, VICTORIA EXPRESS TRAIN JOURNEY TO HANOI (SUNDAY) | BREAKFAST
Drive to Bac Ha in the morning for the Sunday Market and immerse yourself in the traditional life of local ethnic groups such as Lo Lo, Giay, Flower Hmong, Nung and Tay. Take a walking tour of Ban Pho village and observe everyday life there. Afterwards, transfer to Lao Cai railway station for the Victoria overnight train back to Hanoi.
Overnight on Victoria Train.
ARRIVE TO HANOI & TRANSFER TO HOTEL | BREAKFAST
Your driver will meet you at Hanoi train station and take you to your hotel.
Please note: Transfer without guide in Hanoi.
|Group Size||1 person||2 persons||3 – 6 persons||Single Supp.|
- Prices are quoted in USD and net per person.
- Prices are subject to change with or without prior notice. Amasia Travel reserve the right to change the quoted prices.
- Prices do not apply over Christmas and New Year.
What you get
- Two nights hotel accommodation in a twin/double room at the Victoria Sapa Resort & Spa
- Day use of hotel in Lao Cai on day 4
- Three breakfasts and one lunch
- All sightseeing as specified, including entrance fees
- Transportation and transfers in air-conditioned vehicle
- Round trip ticket on high quality sleeper train Hanoi to Lao Cai (sharing 4 berth cabin)
- English-speaking guide for day trips in Sapa & Bac Ha
- Government tax and service charges
What you Don’t
- International and domestic flights and airport taxes
- Vietnamese visa
- Meals not included in the itinerary
- Travel insurance
- Gratuities for guides and drivers
- Personal expenses such as laundry, telephone, drinks
- Any other services not specified in the itinerary